> Justin, I don't think that would work though, depending on the level of
> compliance and the SAQ being completed I don't think any vendor will
> allow that exemption regardless of if credit card information is visible or
> not. If an attacker is allowed any access to a user session and can
> harvest any personally identifiable information it could affect security
> of any credit card entered into the site.

Perhaps, though you'd be surprised what they will sign off on with
proper compensating controls in place.  It can't hurt to ask, in any
case.  Ultimately, my advice in this situation is to isolate the
billing system so that the rest of the system isn't in scope for
compliance.  Trying to find a "quick fix" when it comes to PCI
compliance is just asking for problems.

-Justin