For both Phillip and Donnie -- I just set the site up for database storage
for the client session in the cf admin (server settings -> client
variables), and I see data going in those two tables, but I am still losing
the session state when moving from https to http.  I have this set in my
application.cfm:

clientmanagement="Yes"
sessionmanagement="Yes"
setclientcookies="No"
clientstorage="MyDSN"

What am I doing wrong?

I did remove the change I made to jrun to force session cookies to be set
securely, but I doubt that matters now, because set client cookies is set
to no.

I am running cf 9.01 standard.

-RR