How have you got your setup?

Here is how I do it...

In IIS or Apache create your site and point it to a directory that will
contain your site, with each new site pointing to a new directory. Then
pull your code out of SVN into the directory for that site, so Site A would
be pulled out and stored in Site A of IIS or Apache, etc.

Then you do not need to switch projects from SVN.

Could you give us a bit more detail on how you are setting up your work
environment, because it sounds like to me you are maybe using the internal
web server for ColdFusion, or you only have the one site setup in IIS or
Apache.

That information would better help us give you a better answer in what you
are doing wrong, or maybe need to change to do what you need to do.

--
Regards,
Andrew Scott