Excellent! I will go ahead and give it a shot. Thanks for the input Dave!

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:dwa...@figleaf.com]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 9:27 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: CF9/OpenOffice for Word to PDF

> Is anyone using the CF9/OpenOffice to convert Word/Excel documents to PDF?
> How well is it working?
> What sort of issues did you run into? How did you get around them?
>
> Trying to evaluate this option before diving in...

We're using it, and haven't run into any significant issues, except for one -
the process itself is fairly slow, and you wouldn't want to be doing a whole
lot of these concurrently. But you can program around that via queuing,
threads, etc.

If you have questions about how it would handle specific documents, it's very
easy to set up a test environment and just try it out with those documents.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) on GSA Schedule, and
provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized instruction at our training
centers, online, or onsite.