I'm sorry, but building a database around a framework is flat out wrong. On
so many levels. There are two basic options when designing a database for a
web application:

1) Design your schema from the perspective of the data.

2) Focus on the model, and let your ORM (Hibernate, Transfer. Reactor,
etc.) handle the schema design.

Obviously I am over simplifying things here, but the database is the
database. It is not part of the MVC architecture. "M" is Model. "V" is
View. "C" is Controller. MVC doesn't give a rat's about the database. Hell,
MVC doesn't even require a database!

The bottom line is that MVC is about the separation of concerns. (Google
"separation of concerns".) For that very reason, you should never consider
the database when choosing whether or not to use an MVC architecture for
the application.

Am I saying that the database schema is unimportant and should not be
considered? Hell no. I am simply saying that the database is the database,
and the MVC architecture is the MVC architecture. They have nothing to do
with one another.

So, I again suggest that you ask questions that are specific. Your initial
question has been fully answered. :-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII