Russ,

Cached login might be right.  I just tried the URL in Firefox, and was prompted
to login.  I think the security of the site is superseding the security I am
trying to set on the subdirectory.  Maybe I'll create a special site on this
server just for scheduled tasks, with anonymous authentication enabled.  I'll
post back with the results.

And yes, CF is running under a custom Active Directory account that has been
granted rights to the entire directory structure, so it should be able to
access the file in question.

Thanks,
Carl