> And yes, CF is running under a custom Active Directory account that has been
> granted rights to
> the entire directory structure, so it should be able to access the file in
> question.

That won't help with CFHTTP requests. CF doesn't use service account
credentials for HTTP authentication, and it doesn't support NTLM or
Kerberos authentication (Windows Integrated Authentication in IIS).
You can use Basic Authentication with the USERNAME and PASSWORD
attributes.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.