Wil,

>>>Which encryption method are you using?  The stronger ones require that
you also install the Java Cryptography Extension.

Yes, I was reading up on that in the Adobe documentation. OK, I will proceed
to do that. I had read that an encryption method was optional, but I
understand that I should include it.

Assuming I use the encryption method, I am guessing my insert statement
would look something like:

CreditCardNumber = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
value="#encrypt(form.CreditCardNumber,request.encryptionkey,"AES","UU")#">,

And then the decrypt would look like:

Display Decrypted Credit Card Number:
<cfoutput>#decrypt(form.CreditCardNumber,request.encryptionkey,"AES","UU")#"
</cfoutput>

Look ok? Thank you for your advice. =)

Eric

Wil Genovese