From: Cameron Childress [mailto:camer...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2012 9:28 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Can this be improved

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Bruce Sorge <sor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did not use stored procs because I have having issues with making
> them on MySQL since I am new to the db, so I know that is one
> improvement that I could make.

In addition to casey's comments, I would generally say that using Stored
Procs is usually NOT an improvement. they don't usually give you a
measurable performance gain, nor a security gain. They just end up making
your code less maintainable since you have to maintain things in two places
(the DB and CF code) instead of just one place (CF code). They also make
your code less portable.

ORM, on the other hand, makes your code WAY WAY WAY more portable, and
(once you are past the learning curve) much faster to do development and
easier to maintain.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress