> While I have only very limited CF experience in working with a
> setup where everyone develops locally, I have done quite a bit
> of this in C#.

Something else before you bow out of the conversation - Microsoft "spoils"
its developers with Visual Studio.  In the VS environment you have a
built-in test environment that includes data and web services.  The
multitude of IDE's available for ColdFusion don't provide this pushbutton
option.  Developers have been traditionally left to fend for themselves to
a large degree to have a setup that allows them a safe place to test their
code.

Given the varying platforms CF is built in and the variety of the CFML
language engines, this is not going to be made any easier.

Hopefully you've gotten something from this thread!

Hatton