unfortunately no host can afford to tell all their customers "your better
off elsewhere".
It would not be cost efficient at all to give a shared hosting customer
their own server for the same price, they would lose money, I doubt the
cost would even be remotely covered.

Both of hose solutions would put any host out of business very quickly.