On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Rick Faircloth <r...@whitestonemedia.com>wrote:

> After more unsuccessful testing, I'm assuming that the form
> button at the end of the form needs to be an actual button with
> a type of "submit" to work with CFFormProtect?

Not as far as I know. I'm a bit rusty on the API, but here is how BlogCFC
uses it:

<cfif application.usecfp and not isLoggedIn()>
<cfset cffp = createObject("component","cfformprotect.cffpVerify").init() />
<!--- now we can test the form submission --->
<cfif not cffp.testSubmission(form)>
<cfset arrayAppend(aErrors, "Your comment has been flagged as spam.") />
</cfif>
</cfif>

If for some reason your Form struct wasn't, well, the Form, but it was
somewhere else, you would just pass that data in. I *believe* it does look
at somethings in terms of a form post, but it isn't tied to just that.

> If so, this won't work because I don't use an actual button with
> a type of "submit". The "submit" button for my form is just a regular
> button that triggers an AJAX function that sends the data to a CFC
> for further processing and then submission in the CFC to Authorize.net.
>
> If I put:
>
> <cfset Cffp = CreateObject("component","cfformprotect.cffpVerify").init()
> />
>
> <cfif Cffp.testSubmission(form)>
>

> Even when I know the form values are correct, I get the
> failed notices at the end. So somehow the form values aren't
> passing the tests for CFFormProtect.
>
> I see there's mention of logFailure() and 'logFailedTests' and logFile'
> in the notes, but I haven't figured out where to use those.

I'd figure it out. ;) Also, have you tried contacting the project admin?
> http://cfformprotect.riaforge.org/

Raymond Camden, Adobe Developer Evangelist

Email : raymondcam...@gmail.com
Blog : www.raymondcamden.com
Twitter: cfjedimaster