We have just installed CF10 standard edition 64 bit along with, Windows Server
2008 R2 with IIS 7.5 and IE9 on a virtual machine.

Everything appears to install correctly. We enter a username and password as
part of the setup and then, at the end of the install, we are dumped to the
administrator (which we presume is SOP). At that point, we try to login to the
administrator but it tells us it doesn't recognize either the user or password.

Any suggestions? We can't determine why this install is a problem when the
other one worked.

If we turn off the password requirement (by editing the neo-security file) then
change the password it asks for the "old" password and recognizes it. Turn
security back on (which, of course, it has to be) we're right back to not
letting us in.