Probably not 100% scientific, but worth a look:

http://www.indeed.com/jobtrends?q=ColdFusion%2C+groovy%2C+scala%2C+clojure%2C+node.js&l=

Supposedly there's more hirings in CF than node.js, Scala, and Clojure. Groovy
only recently took eclipsed CF. Now obviously there's the trend for CF is going
down, and the other "cool" languages are going up. Still, I think a little
perspective can be a reality check. You might not be developing CF in 10 or 20
years, but if your skills are good, I think there's still a few more years left
to it.

Billy Cravens
bdcrav...@gmail.com