And, Russ, I guess you're talking about MS Office Exchange Web App?
If so, that would be $4.00 per user per month.

That would cost me about $400 per month. Whew!

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ Michaels [mailto:r...@michaels.me.uk]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:30 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Large amounts of CF email

I would still recommend sendgrid if the emails your clients send are
important and you want tracking and reporting and bounce processing to make
sure the mails reach their recipients.
You also need to consider spam blacklists,.do you regularly check them to
make sure your not listed? Do you want all the hassle of dealing with that
with your own smtp server?
If none of this matters to you and you ate happy to run your own smtp
server them smartermail free edition or hmailserver will do the job. Also
look at phplist as a mailing list manager.
As for hosting incoming mail, I would suggest using google apps or
office365, running your own mailserver can be a lot of work and.does
require intimate knowledge of dns, spf, spam, back scatter, dnsbl, loop
backs, spoofing, etc to do it properly, and google apps and office365 are
better than anything you can offer anyway, with bells on.
If you do decide to do it yourself then I suggest a separate server for
mail, unless your only doing smtp then what you have is fine for that qty
of mail.
Remember the more services you put on same server the more you create a
single point of failure that will take everything down in one go.
You could certainly take dns out of the equation, dns comes free with all
domain registrars, the main benefit to run your own dns is if you allow
your clients to manage it via a hosting control panel  if you manage dns
manually then you.you can do the same via your registrar, or use a service
like nettica.

Regards
Russ Michaels
www.michaels.me.uk