Thanks, Jon and everyone for your feedback.

I've look at the various "pre-rolled" CMS offerings
and have found them to be serious overkill for all my clients.

I've always created my own CMS for each website I created
to insure that clients were comfortable with them. Mostly,
I just provide a regular form (never even used CKEditor)
and take care of the styling in advance to keep them from
destroying the look of their site. They just update verbiage
and images.

The reason I asked about "full-blown" CMS options, is that I've
got one more sophisticated client who wants, basically, to be
able to "change everything." Well, she might as well become
a website designer to be able to manage everything on the site,
including header graphics, etc.

I've been tinkering with CKEditor and think that will be a good
option for the "global site manager" or custom CMS I'm building
for my clients currently. I can control the options on the toolbar
to keep clients from getting "too creative", but make it easy
for them to add links, etc., with knowing how to code them.

I can keep the CKEditor instances distinct for every form field
to accommodate database interaction so I can re-purpose content
for email newsletters, etc., and avoid having all content titles,
bylines, details, and images all contained within a single database field.

I'll have to discuss just exactly what this new client means
by "control everything" on the site. Turning over complete layout
and design control to a novice to change the design of a corporate
site with my name associated with it is not an option I want to pursue.
If she wants that much control, then I'll just "consult" with them
and she can buy a copy of Dreamweaver and use it as a WYSIWYG editor.

She wants to be able to add pages to the site, as well, so I may have
to develop that functionality, along with on-the-fly menu adaptation
for the new pages. Maybe I can just convince her to let me create a new
page when she needs one and then turn her loose on the content. It starts
to be annoying and a lot of trouble (for which the client doesn't want to
pay, typically) when they want to start wanting to get into the kitchen
of the website design & development restaurant, rather than just placing
their order and allowing the chef to do his work.

Any other thoughts and/or feedback is still appreciated!

Rick