Andrew the settings referred to are under the smtp settings in your cfadmin.

You do not need access to the hosts cfadmin to use spoolenable you pass it
as an attribute in your cfmail tag.
You can view all the cfmail attributes at the online docs.

Russ Michaels
www.michaels.me.uk
cfmldeveloper.com
cflive.net