> I have a long encrypted url stored in a database:
>
> the cgi.query_string is something like
>
> YJShGG8kxBWgJKOlo2z4oTM8jEanxnGNBzw+QBQw8JBtuiQ8Oyn6tc6qmbd+E7W
> vcbfncSF/pq2ttDOdegKnxA==
>
> It works fine if i manually copy the total url from the database to the
> browser,
>
>  however if I use
> <cflocation url="#database.weblink#">
>
> I get a not found error in firefox IE Chrome whereas Safari it works fine
>
> Any ideas or work arounds?

My guess is that it's not a length issue, as Ray suggests, but rather
an encoding issue. Compare the exact value very carefully between the
one you pasted in and the one you're getting from the database.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.