Recently we have experienced an issue with Windows 7, once with Firefox, once
with IE, of session variables being dropped.

Everything is up to date with patches. This is stable programming that's in use
at other workstations (equipped the same) and working fine.

I don't know if we solved the IE issue or it just disappeared one day. The
Firefox issue was solved by eliminating the user's Windows profile and
reestablishing it.

We have not seen any virus problems and have Symantec running.

It's not (or shouldn't be) a session timeout problem (don't forget it's working
on other computers) because I usually set the timeout at 30 minutes or more and
this involves an immediate transition from one page to the next.

Ideas?

Larry Stephens