From: Andrew Scott [mailto:andr...@andyscott.id.au]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:46 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: "The long tail of ColdFusion fail"

I agree with Ben and Dave....

There was a point, where I was siding with Adam on this. But Ben you make a
good point, which I think Dave was trying to get at. SysAdmins by default
are the type that want to do everything, they need to know what it is they
have control over. Therefore, if Adobe in this case locked it down, they
would become too complacent with the product.

But....

Where Adam is coming from, is that there are a lot more people out there
developing and maintaining cheap VPS servers for clients, which has been a
huge push by the Community to some degree when hosting ever pops up. You
know I feel safer having someone who manages the SysAdmin side of it, than
rely on my knowledge as a developer.

The problem is the perception of the younger developers coming up, is just
that, they expect things to be done for them, in cases like what Adam is
describing is that it is locked down 100%. Which I think would force these
younger, newer developers to ColdFusion, to then learn the security of
ColdFusion if they are forced to begin unlocking what they need.

Now the question is how would Adobe then begin to cater for both those
worlds?

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/