Maureen,

This is one of my extreme pet peeves with Adobe, in the last 10+ years, is
the length of time it takes from a bug being reported to being fixed is in
the years, not days or months, but literally years. I have bugs that where
reported in the 2006-2008 days, that are still not fixed in ColdFusion 11.
As a developer how does that give me any confidence in the product?

Yes it is a perception, but it is a much too common perception I come
across by other developers I talk too when it comes to ColdFusion.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/
Google+:  http://plus.google.com/113032480415921517411