Hi Steve
I use cfbuilder 3 on my local development of applications (Win 7 machine).
Having migrated from using Homesite (which I still use for its ease of extended
find/replace across entire web projects)

I am not very impressed with cfbuilder. It could be very useful and has some
promise but I would not pay money for it again, and if you already have a
template editor you like don't waste your time trying to get a free version
working.

While you can select a range of editor preferences color coding etc. You will
have
varying and frustrating results with many preferences not sticking after you
close
and reopen the program.

The syntax error reporting and color coding is insanely erroneous and unhelpful.

Many of these bugs have had multiple bug reports made at Adobe but nothing
has been done

The built in FTP is so complex to setup, I gave up and went back to an external
FileZilla program.

For a relative beginner to the deeper complexity and power of CF (despite
having
used it for many years) I found it very difficult to find the settings that
control
many of the preferences. Seemed like I am using "confusion builder" rather than
"coldfusion builder"

Rob
Robert J. Voyle, Psy.D.
Director, Clergy Leadership Institute
For Coaching and Training in Appreciative Inquiry
Author: Restoring Hope: Appreciative Strategies
            to Resolve Grief and Resentment
http://www.appreciativeway.com/
503-647-2378 or 503-647-2382