>  I developped a client side javascript error trackink tool and it helped
me a lot
>  to debug my scripts, but I get many errors happening in foreign JS
scripts.
>  I fixed my program to detect 5 or 6 of them and now the system is almost
>  perfect.

Should have known it was you <smile>.  What is happening is that Comcast has
engaged the company MyTurfads.com that on the fly replaces Google and other
ads with their own.   They intercept the call to the script and return JS of
their own that inserts a script from their domain (adx.myturfads.com)  into
the DOM.  That script then calls others to handle the ads.

I have proven this using a test page http://www.uxb.net/adtest/ that only
has a single Google ad and no other scripts.  The content of the single
script on that page gets  replaced at my sisters in NY (Comcast)  but not in
CT (Comcast) .

I want to find out how wide spread this is because 3 data points do not make
an argument. I only found out about it because my sister complained about
getting pop-up and self-running modal video ads on one of my websites and
that should not occur.

What I want to do is write a script that can detect if the domain
myturfads.com is located anywhere in the DOM.  I intend to place it on the
simple test page so that once detected I can initiate an Ajax call and
record the user IP on my server.   I can hack at JS code with enough
examples but sadly need a little help on this one.

Dennis Powers
UXB Internet - A website Design and Hosting Company
P.O. Box 6028, Wolcott, CT 06716 - T:203-879-2844
W: http://www.uxbinternet.com
W: http://www.ctbusinesslist.com