----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Dinowitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 4:42 AM

> Again, no disrespect, but the CF-Community fits in with the community
> speaking about this and the CF-Stock fits in with people talking about the
> financials.

Yes - I agree that this list is fine for discussing the merger in general
(although some people are finding the moise levels too high it seems), and
clearly CF-Stock is the place for financials.

But I would_really_like to see a list though_totally_focussed_on ideas and
brainstorming on the products, we, as developers, would like to see arise as a
result of this great merger.  A list which members of staff of the merged
Allaire/Macromedia entity can monitor and/or participate in if they like,
without having to sift through all of the hundreds of other general posts on the
list.

We are the companies primary customers, and I am sure they would appreciate
knowing what our thoughts and aspirations are for future and new products,
rather than having to decide in other ways. I don't know how much would come out
of it in tangible terms, if anything, but at least we can throw ideas and
suggestions around, and if Macromedia want to take any of them up all well and
good. But unless we tell them what we want, they won't know, and at the very
least they can't turn round later in retrospect and say we didn't think of that,
or we did not know developers wanted that.

How about setting up such a list Michael? What do others think?

Adrian Cooper.