Deanna.

Basically CF Studio 4.5.2 sucks big time, specifically in FTP, RDS and
Projects with RDS.

I was able to finally get it to be more stable though there are still things
that drive me buggy.

I am running Windows 2000 server SP1.  I can't say this will help in other
versions.  YMMV.  Proceed at your own risk.

Steps.
        1. Write down your serial number from CF studio 4.5  (This is all you need
for the CF studio 4.5.2 upgrade I promise)

        2. Uninstall both CF studio 4.5 and 4.0.  Make sure that they are
completely deleted from the hard drive after the install.
        3. Go ahead and delete the following files in WINNT/system32.
                cfvalidator.dll
                circ3.ocx
                CFSourceControl.ocx
                CfShellFtpRds.dll
                CFFileProxy.dll
                CFFtp.dll
                CFRegExp.dll
                cfssvradmin.dll
                wddx_com.dll
                xmlparse.dll
                xmltok.dll
                cfmsg.dll
                CFRDS.dll

        4. Go into Registry Editor and delete the following entries.
                HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Allaire->HomeSite4 - Entire Directory
                HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Allaire->HomeSite45 - Entire Directory
                HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Allaire->Studio4 - Entire Directory
                HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Allaire->Studio45 - Entire Directory
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Allaire->Any directory to do with either
homesite or ColdFusion Studio.

        5.      Reboot your machine.

        6.      Regsrv32 all the dlls reinstalled in WINNT/system32.
                See http://www.allaire.com/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=14633&Method=Full for
instructions.

        7.      Reboot again.

        8.      Run CF Studio  It will still suck, but it will suck a bit less.

Unfortunately, it seems (at least to me) that CFStudio 4.5.x and CFStudio
4.0 do not reside comfortably on the same machine, its all or nothing.  and
the uninstall sucks big time, it didn't seem to delete anything.