From: Jay E Wigginton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 9:08 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: IIS redirect URL

I apologize for the off topic message but I am about to pull my hair out
trying to figure out how to redirect a URL in IIS v5.0...  I have a website
that has two domain names...

http://www.mydomain.com  and http://members.mydomain.com   they are both
DNS'd to the same IP address... the members.mydomain.com needs to redirect
to a members homepage... I have directory structure under my wwwroot that
holds all the members homepages...  /userhomepages/username   I need the
members to be able to type the url... http://www.mydomain.com/username and
have it redirect to the correct /userhomepages/username under the wwwroot.

I have played around using various combinations of the redirection variable
$S... but the IIS docs do not really give any examples... they simply state
to use $S to append what follows the redirected URL...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

thanks
Jay