Yeh I agree but some clients will insist their site is built in ASP...and if
you refuse to use it then you're gonna loose the work

Also you say CFQuery sure beats all that ADO code - I agree it does but
using ADO/RDO/DAO etc with ASP does have one advantage.  You can create
connexions on the fly.....i.e. you do not have to  rely on the server having
a DSN set up....which cold fusion does.  Not a masive advantage when
building web sites as there tends to be only one machine but when writing
client server apps and roling out to a hundred machines..........

Andrew Ewings
Project Manager
Thoughtbubble Ltd
http://www.thoughtbubble.net
United Kingdom
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.uk/
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7387 8890
New Zealand
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.nz/
Tel: +64 (0) 9 488 9131
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Thoughtbubble. This information may be
subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution
of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message. Please notify us on +44 (0)207 387 8890.