From: Zhou, Mei Y (Mei) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 21 March 2001 12:30
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: To ASP or not to ASP

Hi, I think I am in the opposite position as you, I have worked for ASP for
more than 3 years, and now I have to learn ColdFusion. Since I do not know
CF as much as ASP,
what I can say is that:

1. ASP is much powerful for people who comes from programming background,
you can have much
flexibility for customizing your web application, but CF will be more
friendly for
people who does not want to do much by themselves instead using tags...,

e.g. you can use both VBScript/JavaScript for ASP, however, what we can use
for
     CF? I have tried <CFSCript>, and from CF document, it says to look for
     JavaScript like to put it there, but I do not see too much explanation
there..

2. Besides, the most important thing here for us is:

If Alliare disappear one day ( e.g. no more support for the marketing reason
), where else you can find a job?

However, if ASP disappear, e.g. C# is coming up... then, you can still use
your VBScript
and JavaScript to find yourself very marketable in the job market...

Mei