I think your highschoolrelations table is overkill when there is only a
1-1 relationship. If there were a small, finite number of schools, then
yes, a table of ids and names of those schools would be useful and you
would populate the highschool field of the user with that schools id. But
if there could be more than one school per user (and there certainly could
be depending on the application - ie. What school did you graduate from?
vs. What school(s) have you attended) then your relations table fits the
bill nicely.