From: Pooh Bear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 12:15 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Database Design Question

hey yall, I'm workin on this project where you can get answers to a certain
exam (like if you're a teacher or instructor, u can use it to show to your
students).  All of the answers are multiple choices.  Each exam has anywhere
between 25 and 70 questions.  I want to know the best way to store the
answers.  Currently I am approaching it with 2 tables.  The first table has
info about the exam (name, date, subject, etc)  the second table contains
the answers, and has the ExamID next to it (one row equals one answer).  I
was thinking that by doing that, I will get too many rows.  like what if
there are 500 exams.  25 times 500 is a lot of rows!  i am concerned about
the speed.  Is there a way to store the answers?  or is the DB good enough
to handle that much stuff?  i'm using SQL server 7.0, the box has 512mb and
900mhz processor (it's a dev box also).  thank you! :)