From: Tony Schreiber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 3:58 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Cold Fusion Forums

> I have yet to find a Forum application that fits these and many other
> requirements. Many seem to lack a "multi-threaded" veiw. FuseTalk, for
> example doesn't seem to have a multi-threaded view. All responses on a
> certain subject appear in the order they were posted with no hint as too
> which message is being directly replied to. This behavior is more like a
> mailing list than a forum.

(Here I go again. ;p)

SMB has the option of viewing all threads in a tree-view or in a
thread-view. For example:

Like this:
http://www.simplemessageboard.com/demo/thread.cfm?TID=1030&Expand=NO

Or Like this:
http://www.simplemessageboard.com/demo/thread.cfm?TID=1030

> Simple Message Board - http://www.simplemessageboard.com/
> Price: Free?

Yes. Free. GNU Public License.

> Pros: Price; Clean Design that will fit into most sites without much
> customization

Thanks you. ;p

> Cons: One man operation; Still in pre-release stages

True enough. The current release is functional except for the lack of some
adminstration function.

I've gotten some help on both a version that runs on CFExpress as well as
changes for MySQL... (Linux hooray!)

Tony Schreiber, Senior Partner                  Man and Machine, Limited
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   http://www.technocraft.com

http://www.linktoss.com _______The Fastest Way to Send a Link to Anyone!
http://www.digitacamera.com ______________DigitA Camera Scripts and Tips
http://www.is300.net ___________The Enthusiast's Home of the Lexus IS300