From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 04 April 2001 10:33
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: limitations of Access

You can have multple users of an access database. You just need to set it
for shared use.
To minimise conflicts it is usual to split the database into two, with the
interface and any data which is static held on a local machine with linked
tables to shared data held on a server.
Up to 97 access has page level as its lowest locking level, a page being
2KB, so writing to a row would lock (2kb/rowsize) rows. With 2000 page size
has doubled but row level locking is now possible. `