On 4/10/01, sebastian palmigiani penned:
>I did my development in windows 98 with SQL Server. I have now windows 2000,
>with a clean install.
>
>How do I get the SQL Server database which I have backed up from the
>win98/SQL Server set up into the new win2000/SQL Server set up?
>
>I have put the backed up database in the SQL Backup folder but  SQL Server
>does not see it. I have looked at using Data Transformation Services but
>none of the options seem to give me a way of accessing the backed up SQL
>Server database.

It's pretty easy.

Right click on the databases directory in EM, go under the All Tasks
menu and choose Restore Database.

In the dialog that comes up, type the name you want the new DB to be
in the Restore as database field.

Click the From Device radio button and click on Select Devices.

Click the Add button then click the button the the right of the
filename field and navigate to your backup.

Click OK then click OK again on the other window.

Click on the Options tab. Under move to physical file name, the path
is going to be the path to where the old database was backed up.
Change the path of the log and data files to the DATA folder on the
SQL machine you're working with. Leave the logical file name alone.

While in that window, check the Force restore over existing database box.

Click OK and it should back up.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452