FileMaker HomePage 3.0 would seem to fit your bill, however I don't know
whether filemaker is still supporting it however. Check out
http://www.filemaker.com/products/hp_home.html.

hth,

larry

--
Larry C. Lyons
ColdFusion/Web Developer

Peter Theobald wrote:

> Thanks everyone for lots of comments...
> But I guess I didn't describe the situation well.
> This client is very small, can't spend much money, and has ZERO knowledge of HTML
>(hence the analogy of my Grandmother has to be able to use it)
>
> 'First Page' is *not* wysiwyg you have to edit HTML code directly.
> Spectra, EZEdit, ActiveEdit, and eWebEditPro all require building a database
>document management system.
> I've done this before for other clients (by the way eWebEditPro is excellent) but it
>would be overkill for this and I'm not doing it for FREE anyway.
>
> I *assume* DreamWeaver is too complicated/powerful for this client. Am I wrong about
>this?
>
> So, can someone recommend an EASY What-You-see-is-what-you-get WEB PAGE editor that
 does not require ANY knowledge of HTML to simply edit the PLAIN TEXT parts of a web
 page? Built in upload/download would be better than requiring the use of a separate
 FTP program.

> At 10:09 AM 4/18/01 -0400, Peter Theobald wrote:
> >Sorry for the OT post...
> >
> >I have a client who needs to be able to make simple text changes to static HTML
>pages.
> >I tried having him use FrontPage but he managed to destroy the entire site, which I
>had to restore from backups.
> >
> >Can someone recommend an HTML editor that will simply download ONE page, allow
 SIMPLE editing of text, and upload THAT page. Something that my grandmother could
 use (hint: she wonders why she never has to put new ice in her "icebox").