Hi Zac,

> > almost every company i know that uses PCA has problems. i've used timbuktu
> > (tried PCA for a few months) for years and it is *great*.
>
>I use VNC which has the added benefit of being cross platform (running your
>NT server on your PowerBook is very cool) and free.

Timbuktu is cross platform as well, in fact that is where Timbuktu came
from, an engine to allow Macs to drive each other and then they brought in
Win boxen later.

We have been using Timbuktu here for a couple of years, no hassles
whatsoever but we did have problems with VNC, admittedly an earlier
version, partly stability but also that fact that you could not turn off
backgrounds made it slow and upped the network traffic a _lot_

We also have a couple of clients that insist on having PCA on their co-lo
boxes, and it is not unusual for one to ring and ask us to restart things :-)

--

Yours,

Kym