We also have about 80% of our sites on shared servers, while the other 20%
are mainly ColdFusion dedicated servers.

It is smaller development companies like ours that could potentially be
affected by the changes to the hosting licensing.

BUT WAIT... Maybe we won't have to change our plans and investments just
yet... A while ago, on this list, someone posted about a product called
TagFusion, which has since had to change it's name to TagServlet
(www.tagservlet.com), this could be an option for us.  I have not tried the
product out, but will look further into this.

It would mean that we can still use our beloved, rapid, ColdFusion, without
having to rush out and learn yet another language.  I'd say a lot of the
enterprise features of CF won't be found in TagServlet, but then are the
smaller web development companies looking for those?  If we want them, they
are generally going to be used in an enterprise environment in which case a
dedicated server will be used, and therefore no crazy hosting licensing!

Has anybody tried TagServlet?  Can anyone comment on it?

on 4/29/01 9:30 AM, Massimo, Tiziana e Federica at [EMAIL PROTECTED]