I don't know about all this stuff with Macromedia. I think they are trying
to target the hosting providers because they think they can make money from
them. I think what the real problem is this, will ISP pay more to get these
added benefits. What about cfm-resources.com. Encouraging a whole new breed
of cf developers for nothing. Pablo would have to pay more money for his new
CF5. Who is gonna really be hurt by this? The answer is everyone. Most
developers are getting started by making a small site on a hosting provider.
If these new people don't want to pay even more to program and just go to
ASP, what kind of growth will our field be getting.  These new features may
be awesome but if you're charging someone now 12g's because they have 4
processors, when before it was only gonna be 5g's which do you think they
will go with. And also all those hosting sites that charge and have a
subscription. They were expecting to pay no more money for any of these
benefits and now they will. I think Macromedia is kidding themselves when
they think these hosting providers are making thier money off of CF. Most
have done it because the smaller companies couldn't afford to buy CF. So
they stepped up, bought CF, and charged more to do it. So now instead of $50
a month how much will it be for someone like me $70,  $80, $90. That's when
I draw the line. Sure Macromedia will get people to buy these new licenses,
but at what cost. I just can't agree with you this time Dave. I know they
have to make money and they have to answer to stock holders, but at least
they should have looked at the field more. I think they are just opening a
whole bowl of worms with this and we all see it because we know what is
going to happen.

Bob Everland