> Has anyone experienced trouble with cfexec.exe, when logging out of
> Windows?  From our NT 4.0 server, running ColdFusion Server
> 4.5.1, when any
> valid NT user attempts to shut down Windows, by choosing the
> "close all
> programs and log on as a different user" option, "This
> Windows application
> can not respond to the end task request..."  dialog box
> appears , generated
> from cfexec.exe.
>
> The dialog box has the standard three option buttons:  Wait,
> End Task, and
> Cancel.   We have found that after clicking "End Task", the log out
> completes, and all else is still fine (i.e. scheduled tasks
> continue to
> run, etc.).

Yeah, I think we had that on a development box with CFAS 4.0.1 on it. I'm
pretty sure our Network Administrator saying that he'd seen that on two Dell
Poweredge boxes that were set up using the Dell start-up CD that came with
them. I think (rightly or wrongly) that it was resolved by reformatting the
boxes (it wasn't a major problem) and reinstalling the OS without the Dell
CD.

I also seem to remember that if you stop the RDS service before shutting
down or rebooting the server, you don't get that message. I'll ask the
Network Administrator if he has any more info on it.

--
Aidan Whitehall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Netshopperuk