On 25 May 2001, at 8:27, Brian Fox wrote:

> I have a form that contains as many as 200 select boxes with
> about 6 options each and 200 more input boxes.  I guess that
> there is some type of resource crunch (memory, widget handles,
> who knows) that causes the following error: when scrolling a
> large form, the select boxes begin to smear vertically. They
> become clumped together and function oddly (some still seem to
> work, although I can't tell what 'line' they belong to).
>
> It's in the project specs that I cannot break the form up...
> which throws out the 'display records 1-20 21-40' type
> solutions.

I see no alternative but to get the specs changed.  I seriously
doubt that eliminating whitespace will solve anything.  A few
kilobytes of spaces or tabs in your HTML aren't what's causing
the problem.  You just have too many form elements for reliable
performance.

Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Webmaster, EEI Communications
66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 200