> Also, I'm not sure why I can encrypt the same value
> twice and not get the same value. I'm thinking my problem must be in the
> seed string length, but I'm not sure? Are there known issues with this?
Why
> am I having this problem? Can someone shed some light?

After a little more trial and error, it appears that the first 12 characters
are consistant. Anything after that can change, even if encrypting the same
string with the same seed value. I guess I can do something like..

if password =  Left(dbpassword, "12")

I would still appreciate a logical explanation of this if someone knows more
about this....

Thanks,
Steve