Steve

I wrote a custom tag called cf_cryp that I use in place of encrypt()
and decrypt().  It builds on encrypt() and decrypt() by encoding all
the characters produced by encrypt() with their ASCII values, shifts
some bits to make it a little more unintelligible and adds a
similarly encoded checksum to prevent someone from manipulating
characters to change the value (helpful for url parameters, hidden
form fields and cookies).

I also set up a test page with some more information on the drawbacks
of encrypt()/decrypt() at

http://www.iology.com/products/downloads/cryptest.cfm

You can download the code their too; it's free for all commercial
purposes and open source.

Jackson Moore
[EMAIL PROTECTED]