At 2:28 PM -0400 7/19/01, Joel Parramore wrote:
>Hello folks,
>
>I was going over the Brainbench site and considering if it would be worth it
>to get their certification for ColdFusion.  Any comments on how
>well-accepted/noticed/regarded/received/etc. (or not) Brainbench
>certification is?
>
>Regards,
>Joel Parramore

I recently took the test.  It was mostly fair, but:

    included (IMO) inappropriate questions on Variety, CFX Tag
writing, CF Administration, Java
    programming, etc. which accounted for 20% of the test.

    Contained obvious errors such that none of the available choices
for a question were correct.

    Code examples were presented in such a way to unnecessarily
confuse the test taker:

       variable-spaced font

       unnecessary wrapping of short lines of code

       inclusion of unnecessary #s within cf statements

       As if they were trying to distract you with every means available.

That said, some  people put a lot of faith in such tests... so they
could be useful to have in your back pocket.

HTH

Dick