From: Dina Hess [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 10:20 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: How can I insert a new record with no values?

Hello all,

Would anyone be able to tell me how I can insert a row into a table that
requires no values. My MS Access table stores only an auto number and an
expiration date. The auto number, of course, is generated by the dbms and
the expiration date, which is set to a default value, is also generated by
the dbms, so there's no need for a field list or a values list in the SQL
statement. CF doesn't like my syntax as follows:

INSERT INTO Table ( )
VALUES ( )

I've also tried a few other approaches---all to no avail. Your help would be
much appreciated.

TYIA,
Dina
Official Member of the CF Newbie Club :-)