  From: Philip Arnold - ASP
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 4:27 AM
  Subject: RE: How can I insert a new record with no values?

  > >  INSERT INTO Table (Field1)
  > >  VALUES (NULL)
  > >
  > >  That should do it as long as the field can accept NULL values

  > The autonumber field in my query does not accept nulls...but
  > thank you for your input...

  I know you've already got a solution to this, but as I commented, as long as
  the field accepts NULL values, you can add a row

  Your record can't just be an AutoNumber field, can it? If not, insert into
  another field - the AutoNumber will take care of itself

  Don't rely on Access solutions - when you upgrade to either mySQL, SQL
  Server or Oracle, you'll have to hunt for all of these instances and change
  them to more generic SQL or engine-specific versions (like you have now)

  Philip Arnold
  Director
  Certified ColdFusion Developer
  ASP Multimedia Limited