On Wed, 08 Aug 2001 10:10:51 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>What's the best way to deal with session timeouts when using
>session vars to grant access to administrative areas of a site on a
>server where you don't have control of the timeout settings?

I encountered a similar problem with a Fusebox'd app I'm working on.
In non-FB terms, the solution was to:

(1) Have the login page look for the existence of incoming form and
url variables

(2) Serialize them with WDDX, and stuff them in a temporary session
var along with a reference to the URL they were intended for.

(3) Continue with the login process.

(4) After verifying the user's identity, CFLOCATION back to the
original destination page, deserialize anything in the temp variable,
and proceed with processing.

--
Roger