I've thought about this a little, and I would love there to be a
scriptable COM object of the CF engine (imagine using CF for asp/wsh!
:-) ). Although with the architecture overhaul to a Java engine,
COM/ActiveX is probably out of the picture though. With so many
unanswered questions about CF6, it's really hard to speculate how the
this would work in the future. Perhaps a JavaBean? I bet it would be
expensive...especially if it is distributable.

Maybe Macromedia could introduce a new product that used the CF engine
to script applications kinda like Authorware (Visual CF Studio?). A RAD
framework based on CF. It would be cool, but how successfull would it
be? Maybe there is a simpler way to get CF on the desktop though. I'm
definately interested in what other people think.

I think the current solution is to just to go grab a VB or Delphi (which
is free now) book and start reading. :)

jon

Dick Applebaum wrote:

> From time to time, someone posts a message to this list asking if he
>can distribute a CF application on a CD and run it independently of
>any connection to the web.

<snip/>