Hi,

Not trying to argue the point, but in my experience most ISP's will
create a mapping for you even in a shared environment, just not a
totally generic one like "/" because it is already in use by the CF
Server. Besides you don't need a mapping to your "web root" you need a
mapping to an include directory... Well you could put all your includes
in your root, but that is just messy :].

Basically you need to put your include.cfms in a directory... Call the
directory whatever you want i.e. "includes".

Have your ISP set up a mapping like:

Logical Path: /yourdomainname/
Directory Path: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\yourdomain\includes (or whatever your
directory path is... You tell them the directory you need mapped and
they handle the rest.)

Then you call your includes like this:

<cfinclude template="/yourdomainname/include.cfm">

If they won't do this, I would change hosts. There is no reason they
shouldn't be able to create mappings for their clients.

HTH,
Mike