From: Bruce Holm [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 9:16 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Absolute Path Usage

What I am wanting is a relative path but relative to the web root...for
portability.

I have an include file that I want to include by specifying the same path
every time in all files in the hierarchy.  So I put this include file in
/global directory and want to reference it by "/global/foo.cfm", which if it
worked, would be the same include line in all files in my web site.  But
this path does not work for includes.

I have tried a variety of absolute paths and find none that work.  If anyone
can shed some light on this...my host shares the CF server so asking them to
configure a mapping for "/" is not going to happen since it would only work
for my domain and not for all the other domains they host.

The only workaround I can think of is create some code that looks at the
absolute template location and calculate what level the template is in and
set the relative path accordingly... not very idea.

Or just hard code the include path in each file on a file by file basis.

Bruce