Von: James Sleeman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. November 2001 07:54
An: CF-Talk
Betreff: ALTER TABLE in access

Hi all,
         I have a number of sites in the field running off of some shared
code but independent access databases for each.  Anyway, I have just
realised that one field, in the database schema is slightly smaller than it
should be and could cause problems at some stage (not a serious one, but
still) namely because it's a primary key UUID which is now being truncated
to only 25 characters (why I thought a UUID was 25 characters I don't
know).  Anyway I don't really want to have to bring down each database and
modify the length of this field.  All the sites run off of the same code,
it would be a trivial matter for me to throw a check in there to see if the
database has a correct field length and run a query if it doesn't the next
time a site administrator checks their admin area.

However it looks like Access can't do this from SQL.  Normally (in a real
man's database engine :-)) I'd do something like

ALTER TABLE
ALTER Column PrID VARCHAR(45)

but Access doesn't want to play ball.  Anybody know a way of doing this ?

----------
James Sleeman
Innovative Media Ltd
Phone: (03) 377 6262
http://www.websolutions.co.nz/

CAUTION: The information contained in this email message is confidential
and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and
destroy the original message and any attachments.

Views expressed in this communication may not be those of Innovative Media
Ltd.