>I was looking at automating my server-side SPAM filtering.  Are there
>any resources for pulling known SPAM addresses?  Free, as in beer?

We run an SMTP anti-abuse gateway, and subcribe it to selected RBL servers,
do DNS validations, enforce SMTP protocol compliance, regex filters on
headers, bodies, attachments.  This kills 90% of spam, and a bunch of
worms, virii, too without costing anything.

A couple of new ones that look promising are spamassassin.taint.org and
tmda.sourceforge.net.

Another one combines the MAIL FROM: [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a lookup of the
owner of the sending mailserver's ip.  If you say [EMAIL PROTECTED] and your
mailserver is not an AOL ip, click.

Len